About Me

My photo
Plover, WI, United States

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Week #5


The clay got better with the second assignment. The first ones were a little big, but this time I think I got the thickness' and sizes much closer. I started to enjoy it a little bit after I got the hang of it. I decided to go without buying the clay tools, so I thinks it's slightly harder just working with your hands. As we build each section, it greatly improves my understanding of the muscles, and helps a lot in the drawing portion.
Drawing with the model on Thursday was nice to get more practice with the pelvis area. The rib cage is coming along, but it definitely needs a little more practice. For the long pose I found I had an odd angle, so I had some trouble figuring out the pelvis and what directions it was going in. The foreshortening was also tough to deal with, but overall I don't think it turned out too bad.
Some things to work on are still line variation...it still looks odd..and also using the planes to figure out the pelvis will help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment