About Me

My photo
Plover, WI, United States

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week #2




Week #2
The second week of Life Drawing went pretty well. I continued to enjoy the gesture drawing, but I found a difference in my drawing with the new model. The first week we had a female who seemed extremely comfortable with modeling and did very good poses for drawing. The second week was a little tougher...the male seemed quite nervous and not as comfortable yet, and his poses showed that. He was a little tense and unsure of how to vary his poses, so it was a little harder to draw them.

The shell drawing was a bit difficult as well. I began to grasp the contour concept a little better, but i was pretty BORED with my shell, and it probably shows in the drawing. My shell was extremely smooth throughout, with hardly any variation, only a little spiraling at one end. My lineweight is the same throughout, also making it look flat. For the next shell drawing I will try to correct all of these mistakes, varying the line thickness and weight more from side-to-side and front-to-back. I will also look for a different angle to draw from, so maybe I can find more variation in the shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment