About Me

My photo
Plover, WI, United States

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Final 2 Projects



For the first of my final two projects I really wanted to try to duplicate the idea of Escher's tessellations again, but on a larger scale. The final product is not at all what I had in mind when I first started, but I could not decide how I wanted to do it, so I ended up 'just going with it' once again.

As I was looking at the larger shape I thought it looked a lot like a tree, so I started with the bottom middle piece and began a tree..but then changed my mind again and decided to make it one big tree, with the branches spreading out onto the other upper pieces. Since the tree shapes were black and white, I figured a solid color would look better with the background, and red seemed to be the answering contrasting color that worked well.

I see the overall idea of this piece revolving around the strength, growth, and mysteriousness of the tree, combined with the love, energy, and attention that the red brings in.



The other of my final project ideas was sort of a combination of the themes from the first two projects. I wanted use the first idea of the 'everyday path', and also the second theme of 'cluttered existence'. I also chose to experiment with the idea of the psychology of color in order to represent the feelings i have at each point in my paths.

There are eight squares in the piece, each representing the eight places I spend the most time in each week; 4 classes (Art History, Drawing 3, Aesthetics, Statistics), 2 jobs (River Heights Elementary School, Menards Distribution Center), and 2 'homes' (Menomonie, Rochester).

No comments:

Post a Comment