About Me

My photo
Plover, WI, United States

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Drawing #2 Cluttered Existence, Triangles, Found Surface



For our second drawing we picked 3 words that we had to incorporate into our piece, mine came out to be cluttered existence, triangles, and found surface.

I wanted to use wood because I knew I was going to use paint and spraypaint, bringing in the spraypaint idea from the first piece, and also because I thought it would work well with the cluttered theme. I struggled to find an idea for a composition for this work, which may have helped with the clutter theme as well because I ended up 'winging' some of it. The small graphic images in each of the triangles represent portions of my life, or things in my life, that cause a 'cluttered existence' in my life.

The line-based figure in the bottom left corner is the focal point of the work because it culminates the feeling of the piece and my life. The figure looks defeated and tired, which has been how I felt the entire year with school, work, and life choices/decisions. I have felt like there has been so many things in my life the past year and I have just not had the time to deal with them all, and they have been so overwhelming that I have just not had the motivation to continue with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment