About Me

My photo
Plover, WI, United States

Thursday, September 10, 2009

introduction

I am Brittany Schmelling, currently a senior Art Education major at UW-Stout. I chose to take Life Drawing I as part of my drawing focus for my major. I have always enjoyed drawing, but the human form has never been my strong point.  In my previous major of Industrial Design, I found a great need to be able to draw elements of the human body and have correct proportions, so I am looking forward to improving those skills here in Life Drawing.  My past drawing has been focused a lot on 'copying' and not as much 3D/still life work.  I can take a photo and draw from that, but I am most looking forward to being able to draw straight from memory/life.  As far as my major is concerned, I would (of course) like to have the experience of life drawing to better prepare myself to teach.  Below I have included a couple of my favorite works from the past 3 years...

Images (top to bottom):
Drawing I- Fall 2006- Still Life
2D Design- Fall 2006- Self Portrait using Text
Printmaking I- Winterm 2009- Multilayer print
London Summer Art- Summer 2009- Pastels from photo






No comments:

Post a Comment